H.6 Version 3.2 – released Sep 21, 2007
The Matpower 3.2 User’s Manual is available
- AC OPF formulation enhancements
- new generalized cost model
- piece-wise linear generator PQ capability curves
- branch angle diﬀerence constraints
- simpliﬁed interface for specifying additional linear constraints
- option to use current magnitude for line ﬂow limits (set OPF_FLOW_LIM to
2, fmincopf solver only)
- AC OPF solvers
- support for TSPOPF, a new optional package of three OPF solvers,
implemented as C MEX ﬁles, suitable for large scale systems
- ability to specify initial value and bounds on user variables
- New (v. 2) case ﬁle format
- all data in a single struct
- generator PQ capability curves
- generator ramp rates
- branch angle diﬀerence limits
- New function makePTDF to build DC PDTF matrix
- Added 5 larger scale (> 2000 bus) cases for Polish system (thanks to Roman
- Improved identiﬁcation of binding constraints in printout.
- Many new tests in test suite.
- Phase shifters shifted the wrong direction, again (v.2 had it right).
- Fixed bug in pfsoln which caused incorrect value for reactive generation when
for all generators at a bus in power ﬂow solution.
- User supplied matrix for general linear constraints in OPF no longer
includes columns for helper variables for piecewise linear gen costs, and now
requires columns for all (OPF) variables.
- Changed the sign convention used for phase shifters to be consistent with PTI,
PowerWorld, PSAT, etc. E.g. A phase shift of 10 deg now means the voltage
at the “to” end is delayed by 10 degrees.
- Name of option 24 in mpoption changed from OPF_P_LINE_LIM to OPF_FLOW_LIM.