H.5 Version 3.0 – released Feb 14, 2005
The Matpower 3.0 User’s Manual is available
- Compatibility with Matlab 7 and Optimization Toolbox 3.
- DC power ﬂow and DC OPF solvers added.
- Option to enforce generator reactive power limits in AC power ﬂow solution.
- Gauss-Seidel power ﬂow solver added.
- Support for MINOS-based OPF solver added (separate package, see
http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/minopf/ for more details)
- Multiple generators at a single bus.
- Saving of solved cases as M-ﬁles or MAT-ﬁles.
- Loading of input data from M-ﬁles, MAT-ﬁles, or structs.
- Improved decommitment algorithm.
- Added a very incomplete test suite.
- Handling of dispatchable loads in OPF, modeled as negative generators with
constant power factor constraint.
- Phase shifters shifted the wrong direction.
- Minor ﬁxes to IEEE CDF to Matpower format conversion (reported by D.
Devaraj and Venkat)
- Flows on out-of-service lines were not being zeroed out. (reported by Ramazan
- Reported total inter-tie ﬂow values and area export values were incorrect.
- Several other bugs in solution printouts.